After 7 years of usage the yoke started to act strange. During Aileron deflection left the aircraft moved to the right.
I disassembled the Yoke and found that the potentiometer was not centered anymore (bottom screw) I recentered it and re-calibrated it in Windows and Prosim – seems to work fine again during the first testing.
Years ago I have built in a small 7“ tablet to the captains Chrono side and during the replacement of the wet compass I moved the screen to the first officer side, but was never satisfied and searched for another solution. Now I found one. I purchased 2 small HDMI screens
which are now fitted in the back of the MIP
and are connected via HDMI to the machines, running now separate instances of the Chrono screens and are fully independent useable.
5 years ago I upgraded to a new PC. Now it was time again to do the same
the new machine consists of:
- 32GB RAM
- Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X Motherboard
- 480GB SSD for the Win10 OS
- 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD for P3Dv5
- GTX1080 from the old PC to upgrade in the near future to an RTX2080
The “old” PC will replace the vpilot PC and the streaming PC, if it is capable of doing both.
I also changed the other PCs around and streamlined the configuration and therefore reduced 1 machine.
In this status update we will capture the new built in gauges from customsimparts. The near future withe the update of P3D to v5 and the next planned hardware changes on the PCs.
In this short video you can see the brake pressure gauge working with Prosim737.
Finally I updated all Gauges to the perfect custom built gauges by Tom from customsimpart. They look really fine.
The Cabin Temp gauge was the most horrific to be installed. Due to my wood frame construction form the overhead a lot of wood has to be removed to fit the gauge into. It was a mess…
Also I installed the valve gauge and the missing brake pressure gauge in the First Officer MIP. All gauges are connected to an 18 port pololu servo card and configured in ProSim.
And the final situation
For my birthday I decided a long overdue implementation to add the ACP. With this its now possible to switch the sending COM from 1&2 to make the communication easier and more accurate.
During the last purchase with Opencockpits I also decided to replace my weather radar panel to match the pedestal look with the other opencockpits panels. Of course back-lighting was also installed.
I am still searching for some knobs – if you have a hint, please contact me.
Another status update from my homecockpit progress. Here we will short cover the new upgraded backlights from most of the forward overhead as well as an outlook of the next topics like new gauges and new panels in the pedestal.
I used the momentum that I had for retrofitting the overhead panels. So I decided to continue to finish the missing ones.
The next 4 panels where finished after a longer time in maintenance phase – 4 more left in the forward overhead.