During the weekend from 8th and 9th October 2011 there takes the annual event place at VATSIM, called
I will be attending on Sunday and maybe on Saturday, if I have some hours available.
Also a live video feed will be available from the cockpit. You can watch it here.
Read the full article for all details
Facts about Finally Austria 2011:
• over 30 Controllers will meet in Vienna to staff the ATC station
• Vienna Schwechat (LOWW) and Innsbruck Kranebitten (LOWI) will be fully staffed! More Airports depending on availability
• hence, the whole Austrian airspace will be available at full service on the weekend from the 8th until the 9th October 2011
What do I need as a pilot to participate?
• high spirits and flight-preparation!
• time: Saturday from 0800-0000z and Sunday from 0800-1800z (reduced staffing after 1800z)
This year we arrange an open day!
You can look over the controller’s shoulders and experience the reverse side of VACC-Austria.
Again, we would like to invite particularly the pilots. It will be definitely a cool event to meet, talk shop, exchange experience or to simply drink a beer together. Of course cold drinks will be provided.
Warm up Finally Austria
We warmly invite you to celebrate with us the Finally Austria WarmUp on Friday, 07th October from 1900lcl at:
Finally Austria full staffed:
Saturday, 08.10.11 von 0800 – 0000z
Sunday, 09.10.11 von 0800 – 1800z
Saturday, 08.10.11 | 1400-1800lcl
Finally Austria WarmUp at Einstein:
Friday, 07.10.11 | 1900lcl – open end
Finally Austria ATC Location:
Area52 | Franklinstrasse 20/9/Objekt R1 (Ecke Freytaggasse/Wedekindgasse) | 1210 Wien
Google Maps : click here
Homepage : http://www.area52.at
facebook : click here
With train: U6 Florisdorf, BIM 26
Enjoy yourself and we are looking forward seeing you at Finally Austria 2011!